Wednesday 28 May 2014

Starting my own business



Hi Guys!

A slightly different, more personal post today. I don’t post my personal stuff because I think  of this blog as a place for my interior design obsession and not a diary.

Today I decided to change things a little bit, my friend just told me about  really cool competition; You can win a fully featured business website  and I’m not even joking!  It's an eCommerce website. This got me thinking and I decided I'd really like to try and start  my own business.

Why?  Because I think it would be cool to be my own boss. On the other hand you've got to deal with all the payments and taxes but in the end of the day, you are working for yourself.

Okay, so the next step will be to decide on the type of business I want to start.  Obviously I'd love to work in interior design but I’m a bit afraid, I don’t think I have enough experience to do it, what do you think?

Do you think I'd be good interior designer?

I even thought about starting another degree at Uni.  If I’d discovered interior design and home decor before I went to University it would have definitely been my first choice!

But what I’m thinking now is that I should finish my degree (just one more year left) then start another one, probably part time because I won't be able to afford living while I study full time.

Another opportunity I have considered is studying online, I'm just not sure if any of the Universities here in England are doing interior design online, It Looks like I should do a little bit of research!

As far as I’m aware online studies are a bit more flexible so I could fit it in around work and  my social life. The reason I am writing about all of this is simple, I have always wanted my own business but it seemed too difficult, I thought I would never be able to deal with setting it all up,  however  a few days ago my friend shared this great opportunity with me, she’s a freelancer which means she works for herself and guess what?
She can deal with everything! She deals with clients and bookkeeping al by herself, and only use accountancy company help to deal with the taxes.

So I thought if other people can why can’t I?

No comments:

Post a Comment